Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday, October 20th, 2012

Haven't written in a couple days. But lots has happened since my last post. First and most excitedly off, mom got a call from Dr. Epstein with the results form my Halter monitor. He said he's taking me off of the Nadolol and exercise restrictions! This means I can return to dance. I'm already looking at classes and equipment. I'm not sure yet what classes I want to take, but I definitely want to do ballet. I had been in the middle of my sixth year of it when I had to quit do to the long Q-T syndrome Dr. Epstein thought I might have. I'm pretty sure I want to do hip hop too. But if I wanted to do pointe or contemporary, I would have to choose one dance studio over another. It's all rather confusing.

I've also begun reading Moon By Whale Light by Diane Ackerman for biology/nature studies. It is really fascinating. At the moment I'm still reading the first essay, all about bats. It's really sad, because really they are very gentle animals, and never purposefully hurt anyone. And many important breeds are facing extinction, which could have a huge effect on the world.

Today I got out mom's Hello Kitty sewing machine and spent a good part of the afternoon sewing a knitting bag from this great pattern I found on The Purl Bee website. I love it! The pattern was very easy to follow and this might be the first time I've used a sewing machine without getting frustrated. tomorrow I plan on making another one of these bags in a smaller size.

No comments:

Post a Comment