Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday, October 10th 2012

Mom and I got our teeth cleaned this morning, and we went shopping before and after the appointment. While I didn't make progress on any of my school assignments, I did get a lot of non-school-related reading done. At the dentist's office I read most of articles in the new issue of Vogue magazine that mom bought the other day, a lot of which I found to be rather depressing and quite a few made political statements I didn't agree with. They had some interesting fashion ideas, and a good piece on Tim Tebow, but other than that I wasn't very impressed.

I also started reading Peace Like a River by Leif Enger, a novel I remember loving back when mom read it to me and my siblings a few years ago, but hadn't picked up since. It's fantastic! Even better than I remembered. I read about five chapters of that and plan on finishing it this coming weekend. My goal for tomorrow is to finish my approach paper for The White Heron, write up the accompanying essay and read the next short story required for unit one.

No comments:

Post a Comment